The Top 10 Progressive Media Concepts Blogs of 2011
This weekend will mark the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012! We hope everyone had a great year and has big plans for 2012, as it is best to start the New Year off on the right foot! For those of you who have been following our work since the beginning, or even just recently started reading, we thank you and would like to recap our top 10 blogs of 2011 that were made possible by your views!
- How to Calculate the ROI of Social Media Marketing Campaigns – The most commonly asked question in regards to social media is “what’s the ROI (Return on Investment)?” The answer is: read this blog to find out…
- How to do Giveaways on Social Media Networks – Whether you manage or oversee a social media campaign, this is a blog you must read. Growing a fan base or following on any social network is vital to its success and giving them free gifts is the best way to do it. We offer some great tips and ideas on how to host a successful giveaway on the social networks.
- What Would You Do If Facebook Shut Down Tomorrow? What would you do? That is a question that has been asked when the Internet buzzed with rumors of Facebook shutting down. It seemed as if the world was ending and the apocalypse was upon us. There are many thoughts as to how our society would react to such a calamity, but which social network would take its place? Which one do you think would become the new Facebook?
- Facebook vs. Google Plus Round 2 – What more can I say? Facebook and Google+ made some big changes around the same time as each other. It’s only natural we would write about these changes, and compare the two platforms again. If you’re still interested in this topic, give this one a read. Learning about new features on social sites you use is always a good time!
- How Social Media Marketing Works for E-Commerce Business - A lot of businesses these days run an e-commerce site as the old brick-and-mortar stores can become a tad bit pricey. This is a great article pointing out some of the advantages e-commerce businesses have in the social media arena, as their target market is where their business is located: online.
- The New Facebook Like Button and a Look at Its History – The Like button is a familiar one to all of us. We use it in a multitude of different ways, but its origin may surprise you. What if I told you it wasn’t originally going to be named the “Like” button? What if you didn’t have to Like a brand and you could just become a fan? This is a great write-up telling the history of the Like button, so read it and learn something new!
- Tsunami Devastates Japan: How Social Media Reacted – If you can’t remember the Tsunami that struck Japan after an 8.9 magnitude earthquake shook the earth, I’m not sure how to explain your living situation. Tweets were ringing out even while the earthquake was still shaking the ground. The Twitterverse exploded with tweets, Facebook statuses were posted about helping those in Japan, and the media coverage even noted how the social media networks were responding. Not only was this a huge disaster, it was an incredible day for social media. News and information can spread around the world faster than a major news network can broadcast it.
- Facebook Email and the New Message System - I’m sure you can remember logging into Facebook to find messages and emails you sent back in 2006. This Facebook update integrated all forms of chat on the Facebook platform into one conversation. At first it seemed like a huge nuisance, as does any Facebook update, but as it settled, the true genius behind the integration the ease of use was seen. Instead of visiting 3 different places to check for a conversation, you only had to look at one.
- 4 Ways to Increase Facebook Likes - Come on, everyone wants more Facebook Likes. Most brands that use social media would like to get more “Likes” on their brand pages, so why not ask Google how to? This is a great topic with some very helpful ideas. Child or adult, personal or business, your page can always use more Likes, and this blog has some great tips on how to achieve that.
- Social Media Showdown: Facebook vs. Google Plus - What can I say? This is still the biggest social media topic, and will most likely continue to be a topic of conversation well into 2012. Who will reign supreme? We all have our theories, likes and dislikes about both social networks, but Facebook being the defending champion of the social realm does have a slight advantage. At this point, only time will tell!
We hope you enjoyed our recap on the 10 most viewed blogs in 2011! 2012 will bring more topics, companies and changes to be written about, so come on back for more! Here at Progressive Media Concepts, we thank you for your support and wish you all a safe and happy New Year! See you all next year!
- progressivemediaconcepts posted this